TORONTO (WFLA) – A young woman in Toronto spent hours suspended above a downtown Toronto construction site after scaling a crane.
She was first spotted by area residents at night and rescued by firefighters on Wednesday morning. She was reportedly some 20 stories above ground.
Fire officials have yet to determine how she climbed up the crane, but they believe she may have scaled the crane, crawled out to the end and slid down the cable to the large pulley device where she was stranded.
In dramatic fashion, the woman was lowered to the ground in front of a crowd of onlookers both on the streets and online, who took photos and cheered on firefighters before the cops placed the woman in handcuffs.
She was arrested and charged with six counts of criminal mischief.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Sarasota Co. dance instructor facing new charges for relationship with student
- Chipotle investigating data breach
- SR 54 reopened as Pasco County firefighters contain suspicious brush fires
- Dash cam captures fiery crash, rescue of Fla. man known as ‘Gold Teeth’
- You Paid For It: Scientology trying to kill $26 million Clearwater aquarium funding after land sale dispute
- Nordstrom sells ‘dirty’ jeans, with fake mud for $425