CORYDON, Ind. (AP) — Authorities say former “Happy Days” star Erin Moran likely died from cancer at her southern Indiana home.
A statement released Monday by the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department says an autopsy revealed the 56-year-old actress had stage-four cancer, but doesn’t specify what type.
The department says Moran died Saturday in the rural community of New Salisbury, about 20 miles northwest of Louisville, Kentucky. Officials say standard toxicology test results are pending but that no illegal narcotics were found at the home.
A Burbank, California, native, Moran began acting in TV and movies before she was 10 years old. In 1974, she was cast in “Happy Days” as Joanie Cunningham, the kid sister to high school student Richie Cunningham, played by Ron Howard.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Parents call for Pinellas principal’s resignation after controversial comment
- Man arrested for tracking teen and traveling to meet her in Sarasota
- Man charged with murder after girlfriend found dead in Tampa apartment
- Woman arrested for DUI after car bursts into flames in Tampa
- Elizabeth Thomas’ sister speaks for first time since her return
- PUPPY CAM! Watch mama Larceny and her 10 puppies
- Zoo teases permanent camera for April the giraffe and baby