WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) – The father of former Florida State football star Travis Rudolph was killed when authorities say a gun accidentally went off at a Florida strip club.
The Palm Beach County Sheriff’s Office said Monday that 55-year-old Darryl Rudolph was in a storage room fixing items at Sugar D’s Adult Club in West Palm Beach when another worker moved a gun off a shelf in an adjacent room and it fired. The bullet struck Rudolph in the back of the neck on Friday.
Wide receiver Travis Rudolph led Florida State in receiving the past two seasons and is foregoing his final season of eligibility to enter the NFL draft this week.
Travis Rudolph made headlines last year when he ate lunch with an autistic middle school student who was sitting alone. A photo of the pair was shared online and the story went viral.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Man charged with murder after girlfriend found dead in Tampa apartment
- Indian Lake Estates wildfire 75 percent contained
- VIDEO: Firefighters encounter rattlesnake while battling massive Polk County brush fire
- Woman arrested for DUI after car bursts into flames in Tampa
- VIDEO: Child falls out of moving bus, is rescued by volunteer firefighter
- Police pick up adorable intruders: A pair of pygmy goats
- Zoo teases permanent camera for April the giraffe and baby