BARTOW, Fla. (WFLA) – Gummy candy laced with marijuana led to the arrest of a Bartow man recently.
A sheriff’s deputy in Polk County pulled over 30-year-old Jerrod Williams on Friday in Crystal Lake Drive North in Lakeland, and smelled marijuana.
During a search of Williams’ car, deputies found two bags of marijuana leaves weighing 216 grams, and a large bag of “Colorado Retail Marijuana” gummies weighing 412 grams. Williams also had $5,900 in cash on him.
He was arrested, and is now facing several felony charges including possession of marijuana with intent to sell.
Williams was arrested on that same charge back in January, and has been out on bond. Because he violated conditions of his pre-trial release, he is being held in the Polk County Jail on no bond.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Man charged with murder after girlfriend found dead in Tampa apartment
- Indian Lake Estates wildfire 75 percent contained
- VIDEO: Firefighters encounter rattlesnake while battling massive Polk County brush fire
- Woman arrested for DUI after car bursts into flames in Tampa
- VIDEO: Child falls out of moving bus, is rescued by volunteer firefighter
- Police pick up adorable intruders: A pair of pygmy goats
- Zoo teases permanent camera for April the giraffe and baby