POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) — County officials say the Red Grange wildfire that burned hundreds of acres in Indian Lake Estates is now 75 percent contained.
About two dozen firefighters are still on scene to keep the flames contained. Sunday’s weather is expected to help them extinguish the fire, according to county officials.
The wildfire destroyed several structures, but none of them were residential buildings.
The Polk County Fire Rescue and Florida Forest Service says they will stay on scene as long as they are needed.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Residents return to homes at Indian Lake Estates after evacuation order lifted
- PHOTO: Flight attendant calms crying baby
- ‘Happy Days’ star Erin Moran dies at 56
- Frito-Lay recalls various chips for possible salmonella contamination
- Florida mom and boyfriend arrested after toddler is beaten
- VIDEO: Kenny G gives spontaneous performance for charity on Tampa flight
- Police investigate homicide after woman’s body found in Tampa apartment