PINELLAS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A St. Pete man was arrested in connection to a hit-and-run crash on Sunday.
It happened on I-275 near 28th Avenue South.
The Florida Highway Patrol says Michael Roberson, 59, crashed into the driver’s side of another vehicle when he tried to merge onto another lane.
After the accident, the drivers communicated, but Roberson did not wait for cops to arrive and failed to provide lawfully required information to the other driver.
Roberson was later located by troopers who say he was operating the vehicle on a suspended license.
He was arrested and charged for leaving the scene of a crash and driving with a suspended license.
He’s being held at the Pinellas County Jail on a $5,250 bond.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- ‘Happy Days’ star Erin Moran dies at 56
- Florida mom and boyfriend arrested after toddler is beaten
- VIDEO: Child falls out of moving bus, is rescued by volunteer firefighter
- Man charged with murder after girlfriend found dead in Tampa apartment
- VIDEO: Kenny G gives spontaneous performance for charity on Tampa flight
- Zoo teases permanent camera for April the giraffe and baby