BRISTOL, Conn. (AP) – Aaron Hernandez’s body has arrived at a Connecticut funeral home where a private funeral is planned for Monday.
A spokeswoman for the Connecticut Funeral Directors Association said the former NFL star’s body arrived Saturday afternoon at the O’Brien Funeral Home in his hometown of Bristol.
The former New England Patriots tight end was found hanged in his cell at a Massachusetts prison early Wednesday. He was serving a life sentence for a 2013 murder and had just been acquitted of a 2012 double murder. His death was ruled a suicide.
Hernandez’s family in a statement released Saturday asked for privacy as they mourn and thanked people for offering condolences.
Scientists at Boston University are studying Hernandez’s brain for any signs of repeated trauma suffered during his years of playing football.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Zephyrhills coach arrested for unlawful sexual activity with student
- Teen driver pulled from car that slammed into Clearwater restaurant
- Man dies after riding Disney’s Thunder Mountain
- Pete man arrested for pruning bushes
- Cops look for Lakeland man who reportedly stole aunt’s wheelchair, gave it to girlfriend
- Cops: Clearwater woman shoves stun gun into teen driver’s face during road rage incident
- Englewood family welcomes naturally conceived quadruplets