LARGO, Fla. (WFLA) – A Largo Walmart was evacuated for a short time Friday afternoon due to a chemical smell in the store’s pickle aisle.
Firefighters responded to the Walmart at 990 Missouri Ave N. at 1:45 p.m. Friday.
The chemical smell impacted several employees and customers who reported feeling an irritation in their throat.
Largo Fire Rescue Spokesperson Terry Tokarz said seven patients were evaluated, one was transported to the hospital, not in serious condition.
Tests for what caused the smell came back inconclusive, possibly due to an irritant product or ventilation in the store.
The store has reopened.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- St. Pete man arrested for pruning bushes
- Carlie Brucia’s mother dies from heroin overdose in Polk County
- Cops look for Lakeland man who reportedly stole aunt’s wheelchair, gave it to girlfriend
- Cops: Clearwater woman shoves stun gun into teen driver’s face during road rage incident
- Singer Cuba Gooding Sr. found dead in car in Los Angeles
- Englewood family welcomes naturally conceived quadruplets
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end