POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough firefighters responded to the scene of a brush fire in Plant City.
It was burning through an estimated 10 acres near the 2700 block of Jim Johnson Road, but rescue officials say the fire is now under control.
The fire was reportedly moving through a pasture behind several homes.
Multiple fire rescue agencies including the Florida Forest Service helped put out the fire along with brush trucks, water tankers, tractors and the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office’s aviation unit.
After 30 minutes, crews were able to get the fire under control.
No injuries were reported.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing situation.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- St. Pete man arrested for pruning bushes
- Carlie Brucia’s mother dies from heroin overdose in Polk County
- Cops look for Lakeland man who reportedly stole aunt’s wheelchair, gave it to girlfriend
- Cops: Clearwater woman shoves stun gun into teen driver’s face during road rage incident
- Singer Cuba Gooding Sr. found dead in car in Los Angeles
- Englewood family welcomes naturally conceived quadruplets
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end