NEW SMYRNA BEACH, Fla.(WESH) — A body was found Thursday morning offshore from New Smyrna Beach, authorities said.
It is unclear if the body is that of an 8-year-old boy who went missing Saturday while swimming in rough surf off New Smyrna Beach.
Hezekial Hill was playing in the surf off New Smyrna Beach on Saturday afternoon when the strong currents pulled him out into deeper water.
The boy’s 11-year-old sister tried to rescue him, but was pulled under and had to be rescued by lifeguards.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Major changes coming to how your credit score is calculated
- Loud sex noises interrupt pro tennis match in Sarasota
- Former Florida Gator Aaron Hernandez hangs himself in prison cell
- Deputies search for missing New Port Richey teen
- Reports: Florida senator used racial slurs to colleagues
- Tennis star Serena Williams expecting her first child
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end