BARTOW, Fla. (WFLA) – Polk County Fire Rescue responded to a fire in Kissimmee Wednesday afternoon to extinguish a brush fire that was endangering homes.
The fire was two to three acres and near nine homes.
Firefighters began protecting the homes when they got on scene.
Once the fire was extinguished, Polk Fire Rescue learned a teen was seen playing with matches.
“The grass caught on fire and quickly began to spread,” said Battalion Chief Charles True.
Law enforcement and the Florida Forest Service were called to investigate.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez found dead in jail cell
- Polk Co. woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- Zephyrhills ex-con nabbed using high-tech camera on chopper
- Reports: Florida senator used racial slurs to colleagues
- Hudson mother claims SRO sent inappropriate messages to daughter
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end