RICHMOND, Tx. (CNN) – People in and around one Houston suburb woke up Tuesday morning to find an alligator strolling the neighborhood.
The gator was cornered on someone’s front porch in Richmond.
The Fort Bend County Sheriff’s Office said a resident called them Tuesday morning about the gator.
Deputies and Animal Control eventually captured the gator, which put up quite the fight, destroying a porch chair in the process.
It’s unclear why the gator showed up, but the Houston area is recovering from overnight rains that led to flooding in parts of the region.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Facebook video killing suspect Steve Stephens shoots himself to death
- Hudson mother claims SRO sent inappropriate messages to daughter
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end
- Polk Co. woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- Man accused of assaulting neighbor with stick in Hernando County
- Police: Singer Chris Brown punched photographer at Tampa club
- 14-year-old driver charged, 7 injured in crash on I-4 in Hillsborough
- Zoo shares new photo of April the giraffe’s healthy baby boy