WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — A Florida man is facing drunk-driving charges after crashing into a fence at Palm Beach International Airport with Air Force One parked nearby.
Local media outlets report that the early Sunday crash had the Secret Service investigating any potential threat to the Boeing 747 used by President Donald Trump. The president was at his Mar-a-Lago resort last weekend. No threat was identified.
Charged in the case is 24-year-old Bryan Hewey-Garcia, who investigators said fled the crash and reported a fake carjacking to authorities. In addition to DUI, Hewey-Garcia is charged with filing a false crime report and leaving the scene of a crash.
Palm Beach County sheriff’s records show he was released on his own supervision. His mother said Hewey-Garcia had no comment and his father declined comment.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez found dead in jail cell
- Massive pallet company fire forces evacuations in Haines City
- Polk Co. woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- Zephyrhills ex-con nabbed using high-tech camera on chopper
- Reports: Florida senator used racial slurs to colleagues
- Hudson mother claims SRO sent inappropriate messages to daughter
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end