WILLISTON, Fla. (AP) — Police say a family of four from Georgia died in a small plane crash at a north Florida municipal airport.
Williston police in a news release posted on its Facebook page identified the family as 37-year-old pilot Nathan Enders, his wife 42-year-old Laura Enders and the couple’s two children, 7-year-old Jaden Enders and 5-year-old Eli Enders.
The family’s vintage, 1948 Cessna 170 crashed after attempting a takeoff at 3:10 pm. Saturday at Williston Municipal Airport, but wasn’t noticed by more than 20 pilots who flew out of the same airport. It was reported 21 hours after the crash.
Police say Nathan Enders was an experienced pilot and the family lived in Williamson, Georgia, about 40 miles (64 kilometers) south of Atlanta.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Former NFL star Aaron Hernandez found dead in jail cell
- Polk Co. woman arrested after posting Facebook live video
- Zephyrhills ex-con nabbed using high-tech camera on chopper
- Reports: Florida senator used racial slurs to colleagues
- Hudson mother claims SRO sent inappropriate messages to daughter
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end