TARPON SPRINGS, Fla. (WFLA) – A local man is on a mission to find a beloved race car he built from scratch that was recently stolen.
Kevin Healy spent several years building his dream car from scratch.
You may have seen the black, late-model, stock car at Showtime Speedway in Pinellas Park where Healy raced.
Healy raced the car at other tracks around the state and brought it to local schools for teach-ins.
Healy stored his race car in a white, 24-foot trailer in Tarpon Springs.
The trailer and everything inside was recently stolen. Healy says the trailer, race car, electric wench and two rolling tool chests filled with tools were valued at $20,000.
If you have information that can help investigators, call the Tarpon Springs Police at and say you are calling about grand theft case number T517-11717.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Facebook video killing suspect Steve Stephens shoots himself to death
- Brandon day care worker arrested on 22 child porn charges
- Hudson mother claims SRO sent inappropriate messages to daughter
- 12-year-old boy drowns at Orlando luxury resort
- Giraffe cam with April, baby to end
- Polk Co. woman arrested after posting Facebook live video