HERNANDO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Florida Forest Service has continued to work the scene of a brush fire in the Richloam area of the Withlacoochee State Forest.
Responders have a control line around the fire and say no structures or residential areas are threatened at this time.
Together, the National Guard and The Florida Florida Service dropped 88 buckets of water from helicopters in an attempt to suppress the fire.
They say smoke conditions will continue throughout the night.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates as this situation develops.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- Suspect in Winter Haven Walmart theft identifies herself on police Facebook page
- Police look for man accused of streaming Easter Sunday killing on Facebook Live
- 14-year-old driver charged, 7 injured in crash on I-4 in Hillsborough
- Report: Bride, groom who asked for upgrade booted off United flight
- EXCLUSIVE: Elderly choking victim opens up about brutal Palm Harbor attack
- Tampa newborn gets special giraffe hat for sharing birthday with April’s baby