WILLISTON, Fla. (WFLA) – Four people are dead after a plane crash at the Williston Airport on Sunday.
The Williston Police Department was alerted to the around 1:12 pm.
The plane, a 1948 Cessna 170 “tail dragger,” that had been registered in Texas, was located at a tree line along the north side of the taxi way.
Responders say all four passengers expired at the scene.
An investigation into the incident is ongoing.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing story.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- 14-year-old driver charged, 7 injured in crash on I-4 in Hillsborough
- Deputies: 2 dead, 1 hurt after land dispute in Plant City
- Crews put out hoverboard fire in Haines City
- EXCLUSIVE: Elderly choking victim opens up about brutal Palm Harbor attack
- April the Giraffe gives birth: What to expect after the baby is born
- Tampa newborn gets special giraffe hat for sharing birthday with April’s baby
- Ex-NFL player driving truck that ran over, killed daughter
- North Port police search for robbery suspect