PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A park and bike trail in Pasco County has reopened after being shut down due to wildfires earlier this week.
On Saturday, county officials reopened the Jay B. Starkey Wilderness Park on Wilderness Park Road in New Port Richey. The Suncoast Bike Trail running from State Road 52 to State Road 54 also opened back up.
Both the park and trail were evacuated and closed on Wednesday after a fire was discovered in the area.
It was just one of several wildfires that broke out in the Tampa Bay area this week.
County officials in Pasco issued a burn ban Wednesday morning.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- April the Giraffe in Labor: What to expect after the baby is born
- Tampa man gets stuck in air duct while hiding from cops, freezes
- ‘Cash me ousside’ teen appears in Florida court to face felony charges
- WATCH: Horse attacks alligator in Alachua County
- Afghan official: Massive US bomb death toll rises to 94