GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) — Florida center T.J. McCoy has been hospitalized after being hit by a suspected drunken driver.
McCoy and his girlfriend were on a scooter near campus around 2 a.m. Friday when they were struck by a car, according to Gainesville Police.
McCoy and his girlfriend, Precious Ichite, were thrown from the scooter and taken to a hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, according to the police report.
McCoy’s father, Tony McCoy, shared two pictures on Facebook of his son in a hospital bed looking upbeat and wearing a bandage on the left side of his forehead.
Samantha Meldrem, 22, was arrested after hitting the scooter and fleeing the scene. She is facing two misdemeanor counts of DUI and property damage.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- April the Giraffe in Labor: What to expect after the baby is born
- Tampa man gets stuck in air duct while hiding from cops, freezes
- ‘Cash me ousside’ teen appears in Florida court to face felony charges
- WATCH: Horse attacks alligator in Alachua County
- Afghan official: Massive US bomb death toll rises to 94