SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Deputies in Manatee County say a 31-year-old Sarasota man who disappeared under suspicious circumstances has been found safe.
A man believed to be John Thomas Sellers was last seen walking into Sarasota Bay during low tide, around 11 pm on Friday.
Witnesses saw him abandon his silver Chevy Malibu near the 200 block of Gaines Avenue and head into the water.
They lost sight of Sellers when he was about 40-50 yards out into the bay.
Witnesses called 911 and multiple rescue crews came to the scene. They saw his abandoned vehicle and searched the area by air and ground, but Sellers was nowhere in sight.
The sheriff’s office said Sunday morning he was located and is okay.
STORIES THAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON
- April the Giraffe gives birth: What to expect after the baby is born
- Ex-NFL player driving truck that ran over, killed daughter
- North Port police search for robbery suspect
- Tampa man gets stuck in air duct while hiding from cops, freezes
- ‘Cash me ousside’ teen appears in Florida court to face felony charges
- WATCH: Horse attacks alligator in Alachua County
- Afghan official: Massive US bomb death toll rises to 94