MIAMI (AP) — The Miami leg of U.S. Housing and Development Secretary Ben Carson’s national listening tour started with a glitch.
Carson got briefly stuck in an elevator after a visit Wednesday to the rooftop of the Courtside Family Apartments, a complex co-developed by former Miami Heat star Alonzo Mourning and his non-profit AM Affordable Housing.
The Miami Herald reports that Mourning arrived a few minutes late, so Carson and Miami-Dade County Public Housing Director Michael Liu began the tour without him. They got stuck along with five other people on the way down.
The elevator descended safely but the doors were jammed, so Miami-Dade Fire Rescue crews had to pry them open. Carson smiled as he emerged from the elevator, and Mourning apologized profusely.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- AMBER ALERT: Pharmacies asked to look out for missing teen and accused kidnapper
- Find out how your home’s value compares to your neighbor’s in Tampa Bay
- Troopers: Tow truck worker falls to death from I-95 overpass
- Man in custody after fleeing, swimming away from Pasco County deputies
- Massage parlor busted after hundreds of condoms clog pipes
- Disney in Orlando looking to fill more than 1,000 jobs
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born