COLUMBIA, S.C. (AP) — Tim Tebow has completed his first series with the Columbia Fireflies, the New York Mets Class A affiliate.
The former NFL quarterback who won the Heisman Trophy at Florida homered twice in the three games he played against the Augusta GreenJacktets. Tebow was given the day off Saturday.
A look at how Tebow fared overall in the series :
HIGHLIGHT: Tebow hit a two-run home run in his first plate appearance on Thursday night. Tebow drove the ball to deep left center but briefly stopped at second base thinking it was a ground rule double. He continued his trip around the bases after seeing the umpire signifying it was a home run. Tebow added a second home run on Sunday, a three-run shot to right field. He’s one shy of Michael Jordan’s total with Class AA Birmingham in 1994.
AT THE PLATE: Tebow is 3 of 13 (.230) with five RBIs. He’s also struck out five times and left 13 runners on base.
IN THE FIELD: After not getting any chances in his first two starts, Tebow had three put outs in left field on Sunday.
DAY OFF: Tebow, 29, was given Saturday off before returning to the lineup Sunday.
WHAT’S NEXT: The Fireflies continue their opening home stand with a three-game series against the Hickory (North Carolina) Crawdads that begins Monday.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Hernando Co. brush fire grows to 650 acres, shuts down part of road
- Want to rent a chick for Easter? No, not that kind…
- Recall issued after dead bat found in salad sold at Walmart in Florida
- Brother and sister charged with neglect for leaving mother in own waste
- Volusia County man accused of beating, killing puppy for messing up home
- Newborn kittens are latest online craze as viewers grow tired of waiting for baby giraffe
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born