WASHINGTON (AP) — The U.S. military says an American soldier has been killed while conducting an operation against Islamic State militants in Afghanistan.
In a tweet issued Saturday, a spokesman for U.S. forces in Afghanistan says the soldier was mortally wounded during an operation in Nangarhar Province.
The soldier’s name hasn’t been announced and no other information has been released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Recall issued after dead bat found in salad sold at Walmart in Florida
- Volusia County man accused of beating, killing puppy for messing up home
- Dramatic video captures great white shark trapped on California beach
- Polk Co. detectives search for missing man with medical issues
- Police find body of missing Tampa teen Hailey Acierno
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born