(WFLA) – A recall has been issued for a prepackaged salad mix sold in Florida after a dead bat was found inside a bag sold at Walmart.
Fresh Express announced a precautionary recall of its 5 oz. Organic Marketside Spring Mix.
The mix was marketed in a clear container with production code G089B19 and the best-if-used-by date of APR 14, 2017 located on the front label, and UPC code 6 8113132897 5 located on the bottom of the package.
Two people discovered the dead bat in a package they had purchased here in Florida.
The salads were carried at the retailer’s stores across the Southeastern region of the United States.
After lab testing, the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) could not determined whether the bat in the salad had rabies.
Fresh Express says anyone who has purchased the recalled product should discard and not consume in.
If you’ve already eaten this salad and did not find suspicious material, you are not at risk and there is no need to contact health authorities.
A full refund is available where purchased or by calling the Fresh Express Consumer Response Center toll-free at 1-800-242-5472 between 8 am and 7 pm Eastern time.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Gandy Blvd. and I-275 reopen after St. Pete brush fire
- Polk Co. detectives search for missing man with medical issues
- Hyundai and Kia recall 1.2M cars for possible engine failure
- Police find body of missing Tampa teen Hailey Acierno
- Experts predict buggy spring and summer in Florida
- Amazon to hire 30,000 part-time workers, including 5,000 work-from-home positions
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born