HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office’s SWAT and Crisis Negotiators were called to the scene of a disturbance at a Tampa home after a man was allegedly threatening neighbors with a rifle.
It happened at 2900 block Sample Loop in Claire Mel.
The suspect has been identified as Antelmo Morales-Sanchez, 37.
Authorities say Morales-Sanchez appeared to be intoxicated when he made the threats.
Shortly after the incident, he went back inside his residence.
Crisis negotiators were eventually able to speak with the man and peacefully resolved the incident.
At 6:45 pm, five juveniles, an adult female and the suspect all exited the home without any injuries.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this developing story.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Gandy Blvd. and I-275 reopen after St. Pete brush fire
- Polk Co. detectives search for missing man with medical issues
- Hyundai and Kia recall 1.2M cars for possible engine failure
- Police find body of missing Tampa teen Hailey Acierno
- Experts predict buggy spring and summer in Florida
- Amazon to hire 30,000 part-time workers, including 5,000 work-from-home positions
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born