NEW YORK (AP) — A secretive group that published a trove of hacking tools allegedly used by U.S. spies has released a password that it says can unlock related files.
In a Medium post , the “Shadow Brokers” group revealed a password to files associated with the leaked toolkit, purportedly from the U.S. National Security Agency . Some security experts tweeted that the password works, but that couldn’t be independently verified.
An October leak by the group included information that experts said might identify computers used to obscure U.S. electronic eavesdropping.
The group’s post also included a discursive rant against President Donald Trump, including criticism of the recent U.S. airstrike on a Syrian air base, Trump’s attacks on some congressional Republicans and his decision to remove adviser Stephen Bannon from the National Security Council.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Recall issued after dead bat found in salad sold at Walmart in Florida
- Volusia County man accused of beating, killing puppy for messing up home
- Dramatic video captures great white shark trapped on California beach
- Polk Co. detectives search for missing man with medical issues
- Police find body of missing Tampa teen Hailey Acierno
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born