ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) – Authorities in Orlando say a woman is accused of child abuse after choking a teenager who refused to sit down during a fireworks display at Disney’s Magic Kingdom.
An Orange County Sheriff’s arrest report says 41-year-old Tabbatha Kay Mature of Baltimore, Michigan, was sitting with her family Wednesday night, waiting for the nightly fireworks display. The teen, who was visiting the park with friends, stood up when the show started, blocking the Mature family’s view.
The Orlando Sentinel reports Mature “became aggravated” when they wouldn’t sit down. The girl and her friends decided to leave. Deputies say she told Mature, “You can take our spot.”
That’s when deputies say Mature wrapped her hands around the girl’s neck and squeezed. She wasn’t injured.
Mature was released from jail on a $2,000 bond. Records don’t list a lawyer for Mature.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- US missiles blast Syria; Trump demands ‘end the slaughter’
- Man charged with shooting alleged diaper thief in Orlando
- Deputies shoot felon dead in Largo WingHouse parking lot
- Service dog in training missing, escapes during Orlando airport screening
- Cops: Clearwater woman smoked crack in labor, hid baby in backyard
- Manatee standoff ends with SWAT shootout: hostage taker dead; victim hospitalized
- Hernando teacher fired after assignment asks students controversial questions
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born