KISSIMMEE, Fla. (AP) – An Osceola County teen was arrested after authorities say he stabbed a romantic rival to death in a hotel.
News outlets report a 16-year-old boy was arrested Tuesday for the first-degree murder in the stabbing death of 22-year-old Kevin Joel Rojas at the Heritage Park Inn in Kissimmee. Authorities say the teen stabbed Rojas multiple times. Officials say Rojas was taken to the hospital, where he died of his wounds.
Police spokesman Lt. Ryan Berry says he believes the teen and Rojas were romantic rivals, and that’s why Rojas was killed.
It’s unclear if the teen has an attorney.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Bradenton cop recovering after life or death struggle with burglar
- Woman found wet, mostly naked – says she is a mermaid
- Winter Haven homeowner calls police after ‘flying’ catfish lands in pool
- Motorcyclist lucky to be alive after mattress flies out of truck, into his lane
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born
- Parents of missing Tampa teen speak on daughter’s bipolar disorder
- Florida lawmakers at odds on mandatory recess bill