TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) — A Tampa Payless ShoeSource store is among the hundreds of locations that will close as the struggling company files for Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
The Topeka, Kansas-based retailer said Tuesday that it will be immediately closing nearly 400 stores as part of the reorganization. Payless ShoeSource has over 4,400 stores in more than 30 countries.
The Tampa store that is closing is located at 8201 N Dale Mabry.
The other Florida locations that will close are listed below-
- 535 Pine Island Rd North Fort Myers FL
- 33497 S Dixie Hwy Florida City FL
- Manor Plaza Fort Lauderdale FL
- 7414 University Blvd Winter Park FL
- Silver HIlls S/C Orlando FL
- Lake Fredrica Shopping Center Orlando FL
- Royal Eagle Plaza Pompano Beach FL
- Panama City Mall Panama City FL
- Sawgrass Mills Sunrise FL
- Tamiami Trails Shops Miami FL
- West Oaks mall Ocoee FL
- Sand Lake Corners Orlando FL
- SHoppes of Liberty City Miami FL
- Harbor Shops Fort Lauderdale FL
- Pembroke Commons Sc Pembroke Pines FL
Payless plans to reduce its debt by almost 50 percent. The company says some of its lenders have agreed make available up to $385 million to keep remaining stores running.
Payless ShoeSource was founded in 1956.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Bradenton police officer speaks out after eye gouging attack
- Military F-16 crashes in Maryland during training mission
- VIDEO: 2 men save stranger from sinking car in Winter Haven lake
- Woman found wet, mostly naked – says she is a mermaid
- Motorcyclist lucky to be alive after mattress flies out of truck, into his lane
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born