VOLUSIA COUNTY, Fla. (WESH) — A man arrested on suspicion of theft is accused of escaping from the Orange City Police Department through the ceiling.
Police said Michael Caruso, 31, asked to use the men’s room at the station, locked himself in and then made a hole in the ceiling. He was then able to get into the attic where he removed the attic fan and climbed out.
Police said he ran to a nearby home and started begging for a ride away from the police.
“Apparently there’s somebody in our garage that’s running from the police,” the 911 caller said.
The homeowner grabbed a gun and ordered Caruso to the ground, but police said he ran to another house where a homeowner pushed him away.
Officers and a police K9 caught up with him and re-arrested him.
A judge ordered Caruso held without bond.
The police department said it is looking into the bathroom escape.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Teenage boy missing from Manatee County
- Unique golf experience coming to Raymond James Stadium in Tampa
- Hillsborough considers changing school start and end times
- Charlotte County woman catches adorable baby gator parade on camera
- Family, friends continue to search for missing Tampa teen needing bipolar disorder medication
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born
- Better Call Behnken: Just Brakes officials respond after insurance fails to cover man’s damages