BOSTON (AP) – David Pastrnak scored twice, Tuukka Rask stopped 28 shots and the Boston Bruins clinched their first playoff berth since 2014 with a 4-0 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning on Tuesday night.
Drew Stafford and Zdeno Chara also scored for the Bruins, who extended their season-high winning streak to six games. More importantly, by winning in regulation, Boston guaranteed a return to the postseason after missing out the last two years.
Boston fans celebrated by cheering throughout the final two minutes. After the final horn, the Bruins joined in by swarming Rask following his career-best eighth shutout of the season.
Rask faced only four shots in the first period but was ready when the Lightning generated pressure after that.
Andrei Vasilevskiy kept Tampa Bay close with 34 saves.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Teenage boy missing from Manatee County
- Unique golf experience coming to Raymond James Stadium in Tampa
- Hillsborough considers changing school start and end times
- Charlotte County woman catches adorable baby gator parade on camera
- Family, friends continue to search for missing Tampa teen needing bipolar disorder medication
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born
- Better Call Behnken: Just Brakes officials respond after insurance fails to cover man’s damages