CHICAGO (AP) — A 15-year-old boy being sought on an arrest warrant in the sexual assault of a Chicago teenager that was streamed live on Facebook has turned himself in to police.
Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi says the teen’s mother brought him to a police station Monday afternoon. Guglielmi says he’s charged with felony counts of criminal sexual assault, manufacturing of child pornography and dissemination of child pornography.
The boy is the second teenager charged in the case. A 14-year-old was arrested on the same charges over the weekend. Police say they expect others to be charged.
Police say the 15-year-old girl was lured by one suspect into a residence and sexually assaulted last month. Police say the assault was watched by about 40 Facebook viewers and that none of them alerted police.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 1 child dies, several found unconscious in hotel pool after possible carbon monoxide poisoning
- Police: Panama City pair getting tattoos left crying and screaming kids, ages 2 and 3, in car
- Police look for teen in connection to gruesome Tampa homicide after burned body found in backyard
- Sanford PD told woman to “stop calling 911” hours before she was killed
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born