CRYSTAL RIVER, Fla. (WFLA) – The U.S. Coast Guard rescued five people from a boat fire off the coast of Florida on Saturday.
A 74-foot fishing boat caught fire about 16 miles off the coast of Crystal River, according to the Coast Guard.
Five people on the boat were able to abandon it before it burst into flames. Another boat nearby picked them up before they were rescued by the Coast Guard.
No one was injured, and the cause of the fire is not yet known.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 1 child dies, several found unconscious in hotel pool after possible carbon monoxide poisoning
- Police: Panama City pair getting tattoos left crying and screaming kids, ages 2 and 3, in car
- Police look for teen in connection to gruesome Tampa homicide after burned body found in backyard
- Sanford PD told woman to “stop calling 911” hours before she was killed
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born