(WESH) — We would like to correct the record on a story we reported last week.
Friday evening, the Sanford Police Department released lapel camera video of a domestic disturbance between Latina Herring and Allen Cashe.
Police had been called in when the two had argued first at a gas station and then outside Herring’s home.
We incorrectly reported that one of the officers told Herring to stop calling 911 – just hours before she was killed.
In fact, that officer was talking to a friend of Herring’s who had been calling 911, fearing she was in danger.
Our report also stated officers believed Cashe called 911 because he might have been worried he was going to hurt Herring.
That call, too, should have been attributed to Herring’s friend.
We apologize for the errors.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Police: Tampa teacher spit on student’s face, slammed boy’s head onto desk
- Elizabeth Thomas, Tad Cummins spotted at Oklahoma Walmart in first confirmed sighting
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Deputies: Pinellas Co. woman forced 9 year-old to fight 6 year-old
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect when April’s baby is born
- Tuberculosis case confirmed on Pasco County school bus