ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. (WESH) — A man police were searching for was found dead of a self-inflicted gunshot wound in a home in Altamonte Springs.
Deputies said they found the body of Jordan Morgan, 18, at a home on the 500 block of Breckenridge Village in Altamonte Springs.
Deputies had a warrant for Morgan’s arrest on charges of attempted murder, aggravated battery and animal cruelty.
Police said Morgan struck his boyfriend and a cat in the heads on Thursday.
Authorities responded at 10:20 a.m. to Horizon Place in Oviedo on reports of abuse. Deputies spoke with witnesses who told them Morgan hit his boyfriend in the head with the pointed end of a “tactical tool.” Morgan’s boyfriend was taken to the hospital and treated for non-life-threatening injuries.
Deputies said Morgan left the home on foot and they were unable to located him.
Authorities said Morgan also hit a cat in the head with the tool. The cat was taken to a veterinarian’s office to be treated for serious injuries.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Police look for teen in connection to gruesome Tampa homicide
- Sanford PD told woman to “stop calling 911” hours before she was killed
- Search underway for endangered 14-month-old from Florida
- Elizabeth Thomas, Tad Cummins spotted at Oklahoma Walmart in first confirmed sighting
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Deputies: Pinellas Co. woman forced 9 year-old to fight 6 year-old
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born