TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – Hillsborough County deputies have arrested one man in connection to a home invasion just north of the University of South Florida.
Juan Antonio Bracero Jr., 18 is in custody and faces a litany of charges.
Detectives say around 9:30 am on Friday, Bracero and another suspect, who is unknown forced there way inside an apartment on 3705 Legacy Square and shoved a victim inside the residence to the ground. The men engaged in a struggle before the victim fled the scene with minor injuries. USF sent a mobile text alert shortly after the incident to warn students to avoid the area at that time.
Police believe their motive was drug-related.
Bracero was located at 16th and Busch and taken into custody without incident.
He was charged with armed robbery, armed burglary, marijuana possession and petit theft.
The second suspect remains at large.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 1 child dies, several found unconscious in hotel pool after possible carbon monoxide poisoning
- Police: Panama City pair getting tattoos left crying and screaming kids, ages 2 and 3, in car
- Police look for teen in connection to gruesome Tampa homicide after burned body found in backyard
- Sanford PD told woman to “stop calling 911” hours before she was killed
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born