HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – A Lakeland man was killed in a crash on Saturday afternoon on Highway 39.
It happened at 12:02 pm.
The Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office says Gannier Fulghum, 42 was traveling southbound on the highway when for an unknown reason, he failed to stay in his lane, causing his vehicle to veer off into the northbound lanes and hit a Chevrolet Sonic being driven by Wendy Akins, 47.
Fulghum was transported to Brandon Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Akins was sent to Tampa General Hospital where she remains in critical but stable condition with non life-threatening injuries.
Stay on WFLA.com for more updates on this story as it develops.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- 1 child dies, several found unconscious in hotel pool after possible carbon monoxide poisoning
- Police: Panama City pair getting tattoos left crying and screaming kids, ages 2 and 3, in car
- Police look for teen in connection to gruesome Tampa homicide after burned body found in backyard
- Sanford PD told woman to “stop calling 911” hours before she was killed
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect after April’s baby is born