MARATHON, Fla. (AP) – Two Florida runners have won overall men’s and women’s division titles at the Seven Mile Bridge Run in the Florida Keys.
Boca Raton resident Josh Peterson, 24, picked up his fourth consecutive men’s overall title Saturday and his 40-minute, 40-second time was the fastest among 1,500 participants.
Morgan Hull, 21, from Gainesville, won the overall women’s division at 42:59.
Jennifer Sober of Jupiter, Fla., was second in women’s at 44:06. Laura DiBella, 38, of Fernandina Beach, Fla., posted 45:05 to place third.
Second-place winner in the men’s division was Fort Lauderdale, Fla. resident Michael Stone who finished with a time of 40:55. Marathon student Joel Zaila was third at 42:03.
The race closed the longest of 42 Florida Keys Overseas Highway bridges for just over two hours.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Police: Tampa teacher spit on student’s face, slammed boy’s head onto desk
- Elizabeth Thomas, Tad Cummins spotted at Oklahoma Walmart in first confirmed sighting
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Deputies: Pinellas Co. woman forced 9 year-old to fight 6 year-old
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect when April’s baby is born
- Tuberculosis case confirmed on Pasco County school bus