ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – A man is in critical condition in St. Pete this afternoon after a drug-transaction gone bad.
Police were dispatched to 4835 26th Avenue North. around 10:57 am on Saturday morning and found an unidentified man in his late-thirties in a semi-conscious state with two life-threatening gunshot wounds to his upper body.
He was taken to Bayfront Health St. Petersburg Hospital where he remains in critical condition post-surgery.
Police have yet to identify a suspect, but a witness at the scene provided minimal information about the alleged suspect and told police the victim and the suspect had engaged in a drug transaction. The suspect pulled out a gun and tried to steal narcotics from the victim, which led to a struggle. The suspect shot the victim twice before he fled the scene in a green vehicle.
News Channel 8 will bring you any updates as soon as they are available.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Police: Tampa teacher spit on student’s face, slammed boy’s head onto desk
- Elizabeth Thomas, Tad Cummins spotted at Oklahoma Walmart in first confirmed sighting
- Pregnant teacher had sex, exchanged naked photos with student, 15, affidavit says
- Deputies: Pinellas Co. woman forced 9 year-old to fight 6 year-old
- Baby giraffe facts: What to expect when April’s baby is born
- Tuberculosis case confirmed on Pasco County school bus