DETROIT (AP) — Ford is recalling more than 440,000 vehicles in North America to fix problems that can cause engine fires and doors to open unexpectedly.
The first recall covers over 230,000 Escape SUVs, Fiesta ST subcompacts, Fusion midsize cars and Transit Connect vans with 1.6-Liter turbocharged engines from 2013 through 2015.
The company says engines can overheat, causing the cylinder head to crack and leak oil that can catch fire. Ford has 29 reports of fires, but no injuries.
The company also is adding 211,000 vehicles to a previous recall to replace faulty door latches. That recall covers the 2014 Fiesta and the 2013 and 2014 Fusion and Lincoln MKZ.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- FCC issues warning about “Can you hear me?” scam calls
- Top Hillsborough Co. accident locations
- Wife of singer Dickey Betts arrested in Sarasota County for pointing gun at rowing team
- Bartow Police Officer fired after ‘gorilla’ comment speaks out
- Tennessee couple accused of trying to sell baby for $3,000 on Craigslist
- Hair-raising warning about buying bargain shampoos, conditioners