SARASOTA, Fla. (WFLA) – Major traffic problems on one of the Tampa Bay area’s busiest roads could cause big headaches for beachgoers this weekend.
Crews are working to repair a water main break in Sarasota at Tamiami Trail and 32nd Street.
The concrete caved in, shutting the intersection down in all directions.
The road happens to be one of the most traveled thoroughfares on the way to the hottest beach spots in our area.
With a stellar forecast for the weekend, the closure could create a real mess.
Crews told News Channel 8 they’re working as fast as they can to open all up lanes by noon Friday.
In the meantime, if you travel this area during the morning rush hour, you may want to take an alternate route.
Leslee Lacey will be monitoring this throughout News Channel 8 today, starting at 4:30 a.m.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Former Boston drummer Sib Hashian dies at age 67 on Miami cruise ship
- Deputies: Hernando teacher and student had sex, drank alcohol, used drugs
- Detectives: St. Pete ALF employee secretly recorded seniors having sex, posted video to Snapchat
- Missing Pasco County woman found safe
- Sears customers should protect themselves now
- Cops: Parents delayed help for boy shot in head so they could scrub evidence