TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA)—Tampa has the fastest rising home prices among the nation’s 35 largest metro areas, according to a new report from Zillow.
The typical single-family home costs around $182,100, that’s 11.6 percent more than the median home value in 2016 and there are fewer homes to choose from than a year ago, the findings suggest.
On average, renters in Tampa are shelling out $1,347 per month for rent, that’s 2.9 percent more than the median rental payment last year.
Housing prices continued to rise throughout the U.S. this year, up 6.9 percent since last February.
And the median rental payment jumped 1.2 percent over the past year to a median rental payment of $1,406 per month, according to the report.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Detectives: St. Pete ALF employee secretly recorded seniors having sex, posted video to Snapchat
- Missing Pasco County woman found safe
- Sears customers should protect themselves now
- AMBER ALERT: Missing TN teen’s sister believes sibling ran away
- Pinellas County deputies identify body found in water as missing swimmer
- Sheriff: Family kept decomposing body of Vietnam veteran in home, took benefits