PASCO COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – Pasco County deputies are investigating the shooting of a 15-year-old Thursday evening.
The sheriff’s office received the call for the shooting in New Port Richey at 5:11 p.m.
The shooting occurred near the 6400 block of Limerick Avenue.
The sheriff’s office said 17-year-old Jerry Chiarella fired three rounds at the victim, hitting him at least once in the face and once in the back.
Chiarella turned himself in at the New Port Richey Police Department.
Both have previous arrests, the victim for robbery and Chiarella for carrying a concealed weapon.
The sheriff’s office is looking into possible gang ties. The two were possibly arguing over money or a phone.
The victim remains in critical condition at a local hospital.
Chiarella is charged with attempted homicide and carrying a concealed firearm.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Former Boston drummer Sib Hashian dies at age 67 on Miami cruise ship
- Deputies: Hernando teacher and student had sex, drank alcohol, used drugs
- Detectives: St. Pete ALF employee secretly recorded seniors having sex, posted video to Snapchat
- Missing Pasco County woman found safe
- Sears customers should protect themselves now
- Cops: Parents delayed help for boy shot in head so they could scrub evidence