(WKTV) A New York couple have been charged with murdering their 16-year-old developmentally disabled son and burning their house in an attempt to cover up the crime.
Ernest and Heather Franklin were arraigned Wednesday in Guilford Town Court for the second-degree murder of their 16-year-old son Jeffrey Franklin.
The fire took place on March first and it initially appeared to be an accident, but Sheriff Ernest Cutting says police grew suspicious after some questioning.
“They were the last two people that were with Jeffery that night. They’re the two people that were directly there. Some of their actions raised red flags,” Cutting says.
The investigation has taken over three weeks and hundreds of man hours, but their suspicions became validated after the autopsy.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Former Boston drummer Sib Hashian dies at age 67 on Miami cruise ship
- Deputies: Hernando teacher and student had sex, drank alcohol, used drugs
- Detectives: St. Pete ALF employee secretly recorded seniors having sex, posted video to Snapchat
- Missing Pasco County woman found safe
- Sears customers should protect themselves now
- Cops: Parents delayed help for boy shot in head so they could scrub evidence