ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (WFLA) – Three people were injured when a stolen car hit an SUV in St. Petersburg on Thursday morning.
A St. Petersburg Police Department spokesperson said that a preliminary investigation found that Ali Granville, age 18, was driving a stolen Ford Mustang.
Granville was speeding when he ran a stop sign at 35th Street South and 21st Avenue South and the Mustang crashed into the SUV. A mother and her 14-year-old son were in the SUV.
The impact of the crash also caused the Mustang to hit a vacant house.
Three people were transported to a local hospital.
Police have not released the identities of those injured.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Detectives: St. Pete ALF employee secretly recorded seniors having sex, posted video to Snapchat
- Missing Pasco County woman found safe
- Sears customers should protect themselves now
- AMBER ALERT: Missing TN teen’s sister believes sibling ran away
- Pinellas County deputies identify body found in water as missing swimmer
- Sheriff: Family kept decomposing body of Vietnam veteran in home, took benefits