The Ocala Star-Banner reports that 65-year-old Linley Benson Lemburg was arrested Tuesday. He had been living under an alias, William Michael Robertson, and was located by the Marion County Sheriff’s Office after military officials sought their help. The newspaper did not say exactly what led authorities to Lemburg.
Sheriff’s authorities confirmed Lemburg’s identity by comparing his fingerprints to those taken when he was enlisted. Military officials then took him to MacDill Air Force Base in Tampa.
Lemburg first went absent without leave in 1972. Military officials did not say where he had served in the Air Force.
The newspaper did not say whether Lemburg had an attorney.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- AMBER ALERT: Missing TN teen’s sister believes sibling ran away
- Police: Port Orange man left mother to die on bathroom floor
- Deputies search for missing woman in Pasco County
- Police: One man dead after incident at medical center in Largo
- Deputies: Palm Harbor couple took 5-year-old to bar, got wasted