TAMPA, Fla. (WFLA) – A SWAT team is going door to door through a Tampa neighborhood searching for a bicyclist who shot at police officers early Wednesday morning.
No one was injured in the shooting.
Just after midnight on Wednesday morning, a Tampa police officer tried to pull over two men who were riding a bicycle. The men tried to bike away from police and one of the men took out a gun and fired at a TPD officer. That officer fired back but no one was shot.
Police arrested 19-year-old Israel Magwood in connection with the incident. He is facing charges including burglary of an occupied dwelling and resisting an officer without violence.
SWAT teams, a K-9 unit and TPD’s helicopter are looking for the second suspect. Right now, police don’t know which man fired the shot.
Police say two guns were found at the scene during the investigation.
There are abandoned homes in the area of Central Avenue and Floribraska Avenue and that is where the second suspect is believed to be hiding. SWAT officers were seen breaking down doors and going into some of the abandoned homes in their search.
Floribraska Avenue was closed after the shooting, but the road has reopened.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Deputies search for missing woman in Pasco County
- Police: One man dead after incident at medical center in Largo
- Deputies: Palm Harbor couple took 5-year-old to bar, got wasted
- Police: Missing Palmetto woman was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
- Woman dies after Brazilian butt lift procedure at Florida clinic
- Hilarious video shows twins’ night of chaos and adventure