CITRUS COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA) – The U.S. Coast Guard is searching for a Citrus County man who fell off a cruise ship near Cuba.
The Coast Guard says 23-year-old Brandon Paul from Floral City went overboard from the eighth deck of a Carnival Victory cruise ship around 3 a.m. on Wednesday. The ship was about 33 miles away from Pinar Del Rio when it happened.
A search boat was launched from the cruise ship after the incident. Cuban search and rescue crews have also been helping the Coast Guard with the search.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- AMBER ALERT: Missing TN teen’s sister believes sibling ran away
- Police: Port Orange man left mother to die on bathroom floor
- Deputies search for missing woman in Pasco County
- Police: One man dead after incident at medical center in Largo
- Deputies: Palm Harbor couple took 5-year-old to bar, got wasted