POLK COUNTY, Fla. (WFLA)— Two people were killed in a crash on US 27 in Frostproof on Tuesday night.
Investigators say around 8:45 p.m. on Tuesday, a 2000 white Ford Expedition was heading northbound on U.S. 27 near Collany Lane in Frostproof when, for unknown reasons, it left the roadway, crossed over the grassy median, and collided with a 2006 gold Lincoln Town Car that was heading southbound.
Kathryn McKenrick, age 71, of Edinboro, Pennsylvania, was a passenger in the Lincoln Town Car and was killed in the crash. Steven McKenrick, age 44, of Lake City, Pennsylvania was driving the Lincoln Town Car and suffered critical injuries. Janice Servick, age 49, of Maumee, Ohio also suffered critical injuries.
Jacquell Bradwell of Lake Wales, age 31, was driving the Ford Expedition and was killed in the crash. Angelica Hampton, age 28, of Lake Wales was also in the Expedition and is in stable condition at Lakeland Regional Medical Center.
No other details have been released.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Toddler missing in Central Florida may be headed north
- Spring breakers arrested in Clearwater for dangerous stop sign prank
- Deputies: Palm Harbor couple took 5-year-old to bar, got wasted
- Deputies search for missing woman in Pasco County
- Woman dies after Brazilian butt lift procedure at Florida clinic
- Hilarious video shows twins’ night of chaos and adventure