FLORIDA (WFLA) – The threat of wildfires has kept the Tampa Bay area on high alert recently.
March through May is peak fire season, and Florida has already seen a busy one this year with dozens of wildfires across the state.
Officials say you can help prevent fires by using caution when burning in your yard.
When burning waste in your yard, you must be at least 25 feet away from your home and any brush or wildlands. You must be 50 feet away from paved, public roads. You also have to be 150 feet away from other occupied buildings.
If your burn pile is bigger than eight feet, you’ll need authorization from the Florida Forest Service.
WHAT OTHERS ARE CLICKING ON-
- Pinellas County deputies identify body found in water as missing swimmer
- Deputies: Palm Harbor couple took 5-year-old to bar, got wasted
- Police: Missing Palmetto woman was killed by daughter’s boyfriend
- Woman dies after Brazilian butt lift procedure at Florida clinic
- Hilarious video shows twins’ night of chaos and adventure
- Pete man involved in deadly I-75 crash that killed 4